Joe Boyd had been such an inspiration to Jules and I when we attended the Vineyard. After I read this, I wanted to share his blog to all of us as we head into the new year.
I hate regrets.
Most of my regrets in life are over things I did not do, risks I did not take, conversations I did not have.
This weekend at The Vineyard I will be talking about the five most common regrets that people verbalize in hospice care before dying:
1. Living the life others wanted me to live instead of the life I wanted.
2. Working so hard that my family suffered.
3. Being afraid to express my feelings.
4. Letting friendships fade away.
5. Not choosing to be happy more often.
For me, 2012 is going to be the first year of a new life resolution to make sure these regrets aren’t mine in the end.
What do you think of these five big regrets? Have you found a way to live more regret-free of late?
For my source information, read the article by Bonnie Ware on her blog.